This site serves to chronicle my achievements and goals in all things space game related!
I’m a huge fan of space and I’ve always loved games that put me there. I cut my teeth on stuff like X-Wing Alliance, Klingon Academy, Home World, and Colony Wars. Space games, be they sim, arcade, or RTS, have always been a huge draw to me and there was a long period of time where I felt the genre has just kind of been forgotten. But in the past year or so there has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
I’m a bit late to the awakening. The two biggest names out there feels like Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen. At least as far as my circles go. I have Elite and I’m activity blogging my experience with it. I’ll eventually try out Star Citizen I think. But those aren’t the only two by any means. And I want to get as much space as I can. It’ll be a lot easier now that I have a PC that can handle a good crop of what’s out there. And there’s some really amazing stuff happening. Sometimes I stream my play sessions. Keep an eye on my twitter feed for those random happenings. I’d like to stream on the regular, but life and data caps prevent that.
I’ll do my best to tag posts so there’s a clear definition of what’s going on and what’s being played. Most of everything up to this point (11/23/15) is Elite related. Nothing much is changing, just that I’ll be talking about more than just Elite shenanigans.
What I have (not actively playing all of these):
- Elite: Dangerous
- Kerbal Space Program
- Space Engineers
- Star Trek Online
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- SPAZ: Space Pirates and Zombies
- Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator
- Homeworld Remastered Collection
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- Klingon Academy (on disc, not installed)
- Freelancer (on disc, not installed)
- Star Citizen
- No Man’s Sky
What I want:
- Steam Wishlist (Not all space…but hey…some space)
Have any questions about space games? Have any suggestions? ASK/SUGGEST!
- AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor
- Noctua – NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler
- Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard
- G. Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory (*2)
- Crucial BX200 240GB SSD (Boot Drive)
- Western Digital-Blue 1TB HDD (Everything else)
- MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB GAMING X
- Corsair CX 600W Semi-Modular ATX PSU
- LG Blu-Ray/DVD/CD writer
ASUS MX279H-27 inch monitor
Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 – Green switches
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick
Saitek X52 Pro Flight System Controller
Behringer Xenyx Q802USB Mixer