Let me start this with this:
Love this game. It’s got a lot going for it.
But I’d like to see some tweaks.
I mentioned in this week’s playlist that I got a lot better at flying over my staycation, so let’s start there.
- Persistent lock on enemy
- Gets rid of the need to hold down the left trigger to target specific ships in a field
- An off-screen indicator would help you to follow through with dogfighting
- Facilitates rivalries in sessions
- X-Wing and A-Wing shields shouldn’t be power up cards
- The pros/Cons of the X-Wing having shields are known so I won’t go into that but if it’s going to be an option, I think it should be a permanent thing, baked into your health. Or let them deplete and recharge on their own…either way, it seems off
- Power Up Card customization
- I’d love to have an ion torpedo on a TIE when I see my opponent has shields up or, if I have to have shields in a power-up slot, I could put something better in there. I forget to use shields 100% of the time
- Falcon and Slave 1 feel really over powered
- I got and held the Falcon for nearly half a game and was basically unstoppable
- Let’s move this upstairs
- PUT THE SPACESHIPS IN SPACE
- Ability to land in capital ships and man their turrets
- LIKE THE LAST BATTLEFRONT
- I feel like the Rebels need an AT-ST equivalent because it seems like every time I turn around, one of those chicken walkers are bearing down on me
- Ability to lay prone
- I also want this to break the lock for the homing shot
- Crouching and using the scope/sights increase accuracy
- Most of the weapons feel the same to me
- Mostly just rate of fire seems to be different
- Might not be paying enough attention to this…
- Card system feels clunky
- I feel like this actually slows the game down…the pacing seems off because of it
- I’m not sure how to fix this, but it’s a thing
- Show snipers more love
- We’ve got these HUGE, wide open maps…either make a dedicated sniper weapon or retool the Pulse Rifle
- Close quarters map action
- There’s a modified Jawa weapon that’s pretty much a shotgun that I’ll never use because I’ll never get close enough to use it
But like I said before….I love this game. I’ve played a goodly amount and will continue to do so! It just feels like DICE tried too hard to make Battlefront not be like Battlefield. And I wonder if that was the right direction.
What do you guys think of it? What would you like to see in patches and DLC?